If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data that we process
Types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
1.Enquiring about our organisation and its work: we will store your name, email and message so that we can read and respond.
2. Subscribing to email updates about our work: we will store your name and email to allow us to keep you informed with our work.
3. Making a donation: we will store your name, email, address, payment information. This information is necessary for us to fulfil your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message or receipt.
4. Website functionality: website activity collected through cookies. It is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect.
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out above. We may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send us and handle donations or other transactions that you initiate
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are required by law to share your data.
How long we keep your data
We only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Cookies & usage tracking
Where cookies are used to collect personal data, we list these purposes in section 1 above, along with other personal data that we collect